The Feast of the Senses is North Queensland’s premier tropical fruit event! Showcasing our amazing variety of exotic tropical fruits and produce it is like no other festival in Australia and is truly a feast for all of your senses.
The Australian Bananas Market Day extravaganza is the highlight of the Festival featuring around 100 tropical food and produce stalls, as well as entertainment, displays and workshops. This event attracts over 8000 visitors from throughout Queensland and is the Cassowary Coast region’s largest event of the year.
2017 Australian Bananas Market Day Extravaganza will be held in Innisfail CBD on Sunday 26 March.
Entry is $5.00 for adults and $2.00 for pensioners and school aged children. However, if you purchase tickets to be involved in the World’s Longest Banana Split attempt, entry to Market Day will be included. More details about this in the coming weeks.
We are delighted to announce that Peter and Jan Russell-Clarke will once again be in Innisfail for the 2017 festival. Peter and Jan have been to the festival several times before and have been adopted by the local community as our ‘ambassadors’. Several years ago Peter nicknamed the region the ‘Fruit Bowl of Australia’. He was pretty close to the mark….
We will have some special activities for children in 2017 that will be new and exciting – and allied to the World Record Banana Split Record Attempt. That’s all we’re revealing for now… watch this space.
As news comes to hand and new events are added to the day they will be published here.
Tickets to Market Day will be $5 per person if purchased on the day. With $2 for seniors and under 15s. Pre-prep schoolers are free.
Tickets for Market Day are included in tickets for the Banana Split World Record Attempt if you pre-purchase online. Ticket price is $12.00 per person available from 1 December 2016.
- Pre-purchased online tickets includes:
1. Entry to the World Record Attempt Saturday 25 March
2. Making of one meter of banana split (5 bananas)
4. Certificate of Participation
5. Entry to Market Day Extravaganza on Sunday 26 March
- Tickets may be available on the day if not sold out. Entry to Market Day on Sunday 26 March will NOT be included with tickets purchased on the day.
- Children under 4 will not be admitted to the main area. Childcare may be available. Details advised as they come to hand.
- Children aged 4 – 7 are free and MUST be accompanied by a ticket holding adult. These children MUST be closely supervised.
- People with disabilities are encouraged to participate and special arrangements will be made to ensure their inclusion.
|Tickets purchases available by clicking link:|